How Do I Access My Member Database?
You can access your member database on the platform through the members module, as well as export your database to an Excel spreadsheet for full editing and sorting options for your data.
- On the left navigation sidebar, click Members
- This shows a searchable view of your member database. You can view members or contacts, as well as search and filter by Member Type and Status. These options allow you to easily target a specific member category.
- Click the View All Members button on the right side of the page to view your member database
Admins can sort the database by clicking on any of the headings and view by alphanumeric, ascending, or descending order. They can also filter via the dropdown menu.
To sort members by status, including lapsed, click on the Status dropdown menu and select Status: Lapsed.
For more advanced sorting and filtering options, including pivot tables as well as a more expanded view, we recommend you download your member database as an Excel spreadsheet.
- To download your database as an Excel spreadsheet, click Download All Members on the upper right
- A notification will appear to inform you that the system is preparing the file, and you will be notified by your email on file with it is ready to download. (Subject line will be similar to: Your member roster file is ready to download)
- Open the automated email sent when your member roster file is ready to download and click Download File
- A new browser tab will open wherein you can see your generated files ready for download.
- Click Download for file that has the date and timestamp for your member database file
The Excel file will download to your computer.
How to Create a Distribution List
We know group leaders don’t communicate with all members or other admins in the same way. Sometimes you only want to send an email to a specific set of people. Distribution lists give you the option to send customized content to each subgroup or grouping of people you create. Creating distribution lists of those you most frequently communicate with also saves time on email or text message sends. To use a distribution list for an email or text message, you must first create one.
- On the left navigation sidebar, select Members
- Click Manage Distribution Lists
- Select Add a List button on the right side of the screen
- Title your list and click Next
- Populate your list by checking the box beside the name you wish to add
There are three tabs to populate a distribution list:
Choose Recipients: Select current members and contacts. Contacts don’t have the ability to log in to the group, and can’t engage with the memberplanet community. They are only available to receive information sent to them by the group admin.
Choose Lists: Use previously created lists to quickly select a batch of recipients.
Add New: Invite new members or add new contacts. You can upload a list of current members, which will be added to your distribution list; this will not create duplicate profiles. Learn more about the difference between members and contacts.
- Finalize by clicking Add Recipients or Add Members/Contacts
Request Member Profile Updates
A member profile stores member information. Members can occasionally change their personal information, such as address, phone number, and name. This can be a hassle when trying to maintain an accurate database. We recommend periodically requesting profile updates from your members throughout the year. The Request Profile Update feature allows admins to request up-to-date information from members via email, sending them directly to their individual record page where they can edit their information fields. They won’t even need to log in, and the data will automatically populate to their member profiles in the database without any additional administrative management.
Generic fields like "phone," "email," and "address" will automatically be included, but you can also add additional custom fields to gather information your group may need, such as dietary restrictions, emergency contact, and the like. (Learn more about adding custom fields.) Admins who have necessary permissions can request member updates and edit member information.
Request a profile update from an individual member
- On the left navigation bar, select Members
- Type in the Name or Email of the member you wish to search
- Click Search
- Click on his or her name, or click the gear icon and select Member Details
- Select Request Profile Update (located under his or her photo)
- Customize your profile update email
- Send email
Request member profile updates from all members
- On the left navigation bar, click Members
- Click Request Member Profile Updates
- Customize any text in the subject or info sections
- Click the Choose Your Recipients button
- Select recipients or click Choose a List to use an existing distribution list
- Click the Send Email button
View profile update email history
Full tracking available on Essentials, Pro, and Premium subscriptions
To view who has gotten your request, opened it, or has completed the request, follow these steps:
- On the left navigation bar, click Members
- In the submenu, click on Profile Update Email History
- From here, you will be able to see a general number of how many were sent, opened, and updated.
- To view full tracking on the Essentials, Pro, and Premium subscriptions, click on the gear icon and select View Tracking Data from the dropdown menu
- This will open an expanded view of each individual’s profile update tracking.
- To export the data to an Excel spreadsheet, click the Export button on the right side of the page
Manually update member profile
If you or any other admin is manually collecting updated member info and would like to update a member’s profile, you can do so by following these steps.
- On the left navigation bar, click Members
- The page will display your member database.
- Select gear icon to the right of the member name
- Select Member Details in the dropdown menu
- Click Edit in the section you wish to make updates
- Make edits and click Save Changes when finished
Create a List Sign-up Form
Your List Sign-Up forms lets people sign up for your communication/mailing list. The lists allows admins to know who would like to receive email updates about the group. For example, a PTA may want to send announcements regarding specific information (carnival volunteer times, messages from the principal, etc.). This feature allows individuals (whether members of your group or not) to sign up for the announcements that pertain to them.
This feature uses distribution lists to specify what lists people can sign up for. If you haven’t already, you’ll want to create distribution lists for your group to make it easier to not only send announcements, but also to give your members the opportunity to sign up for them. Learn more: How to Create a Distribution List.
- Hover over Members in the left navigation bar, then click Add a List Sign-up Form in the submenu
- Give your form a name (Example: PTA announcements)
- Select the distribution list(s) you want to allow members/contacts to sign up for
- Click Next
- Customize your page by selecting colors, adding a banner, and/or adding additional fields to your form
All custom fields can be added by dragging and dropping your desired fields from the left-hand menu options
- When finished click Save & Publish Now
Note: Those who choose to join your contact list will not be added to the member database and will not have member accounts on memberplanet or in your group.
Edit Group and Member Privacy Settings
One of our top priorities at memberplanet is the security of our users. The privacy settings allow users, whether admins or members, to adjust the settings to match personal preference for themselves and the groups they manage.
How to change your Personal Privacy Settings:
- Click on your profile name in the upper right corner to display your account menu
- Select Edit My Profile
- Click Manage Privacy on the right-hand side of the screen
- Choose the fields that you wish to share or hide with other admins or members
- Click Save
How to change your Group Privacy Settings:
- On the left navigation sidebar, click Group Site for setting your group profile's privacy settings
Note: These pages will allow you to show or hide Group Site or member information.
- Click Edit Privacy and choose the visibility setting for your group
- If you wish to edit how the group is viewed by a non-member, click Edit Non-member View
Personal Settings: You may customize your Group Site URL on this page as well. This is the link you give out to members to join or learn about your group through your Group Site.
Group Settings: You may also remove membership requirements, enabling members to join without an invitation or approval by the group leader.
Data and payment processing security
At memberplanet, we take data and payment processing security seriously. Security is enforced on multiple levels. Only group admins with specific permissions have access to the Collect Payment function, and the payment information is transmitted securely via SSL, encrypted and tokenized on the memberplanet servers.
Glossary - Manage Your Member Database
Members: the people in your organization who have the ability to log in to the member portal of your memberplanet group, and can engage with other members in your group.
Contacts: people you communicate with but are not members of your group. Contacts don’t have the ability to log in to the group and can’t engage with the memberplanet community. They can only receive information sent to them by a group admin.