About this feature:
Sometimes you need to contact everyone in your chapter - immediately. Group text messaging is a great way to send announcements, event reminders, or alerts directly to your all of your chapter member's mobile devices simultaneously. MemberPlanet lets you send a mass text to an unlimited number of contacts quickly and efficiently. Even better, you will be assigned a new number that you can manage online, so you won't be bombarded with responses to your personal cell.
- Activate your Chapter's Text number
- Navigate to your MemberPlanet account from the Communication/Fundraising tab on your Greekbill admin dashboard
- Once on your MemberPlanet account, select the Communication link located on top of the navigation bar.
- Select Text Messaging located on the far right in the subnavigation bar
- Enter a US or Canadian area code and we will assign you a number with that area code
- You will now see the group number that messages will be sent from.
- Send your first text message
- Select the button New Text Message
- Enter the content of your text message
- Select when you would like the message sent
- Select your recipients (it will only be sent to members with a mobile number)
To view a video showing you how to send a group text Click Here
The following is a great first text message to send to all of your group members: “This number has been assigned to (Your Chapter Name) for sending text message alerts. Please enter this number into your contacts.”
To learn about creating a distribution list, Click Here