You can easily merge a form response into an email campaign. This is perfect for sending a confirmation email for guests or registrants stating their registration preferences, like menu choice etc.
Follow these steps to merge a form field into an email:
- Open the editor for the Payment Form or Survey you hope to merge fields from
- If you have not already, include the "Email Address" field on your form
- Click on the email field on your form, the blue tab to the left will reveal "field options"
- Under More Options check the boxes "Required Field" and "Member's own email address"
- Identify the fields you would like to merge. For each, click to highlight the field (revealing field options to the left), check "Answer should be available to insert into an email"
- If the field is non-optional, be sure to also check "Required field" box in addition to "Answer should be available to insert into an email". If you don't make a field "required" some people may skip it and the merge tag space will be blank in their email
Insert the form field into an email
- Open your email editor
- Place your cursor where you'd like the form response to be placed
- Click Form data from the editor toolbar
- Find the form you'd like to use in the popup list, click View Fields
- Every field which you checked "answer should be available to insert into an email campaign" should be listed here. Identify the appropriate field and click "insert"
- If you do not see the field you want, go back into the form editor and double check that the field has "answer should be available to insert into email" and that you've saved the form with that new edit
If you're inserting the form payment amount into your email campaign, at least one other field from the same form must be included in the email.