Reminding members to pay their overdue membership dues can be a headache, that's why we created automated reminder emails. Find options in "Group Settings" to craft and schedule two custom email reminders for each membership level. You can customize the subject line, email text, and what day the emails go out. You can also automate and update to their database status if you'd like to change the membership status of members who fail to pay after x days.
Follow these steps to set up a past-due reminder:
- Click "Membership" on the navigation menu
- Click "Membership levels, renewals & notifications"
- If you've not yet created a membership level, click "add a membership level"
If you already have a paid membership level, use the gear icon to select edit
Scroll down to "Late and missed renewal"
Click edit in the blue tab that says "if not renewed within 3 days"
Hover over the subject line and the email text boxes to click "edit" to customize
Click Save & close
Repeat the process for 7-days late message
- Find more information here
Read below for additional information
Extras: Read below to learn about the other settings on this page
- Edit the # of days for the first past-due reminder if you prefer to send the first notification sooner or later than 3 days past due
- Check "change member's type" if you'd like to automatically change a member's 'type' if they are 3 days late (ex: "inactive")
- Check "change member's level" if you'd like to automatically reassign them to a different membership level (ex: 'premium' to 'free')
- Check "change member's status to lapsed" if you'd like to temporarily remove the member from the group until they've renewed
- Un-check "send a reminder email to group leaders" if you would not like leaders to be alerted each time a member misses a payment
- Un-check "send a reminder email to the member" if you would like to cancel the first past-due reminder