Do you offer different types of memberships? Use membership levels to allow members to select from multiple membership options upon joining the group. You can offer free or paid memberships with the option to automatically recur for ongoing membership scenarios, ideal for annual club dues or monthly service memberships etc.
Follow these steps to create a new membership level:
- Click "Membership" on the navigation menu
- Click "Membership levels, renewal & notifications"
- Use the drop-down menu to select "My groups has membership levels"
- Click "Add a membership level"
- Title your level (ex: "Platinum")
- Use the drop-down to select if level is free* or paid
- If paid, use the drop-down to select the interval of membership billing
- Select automatic to automatically re-enroll members each period. Select manual if members must opt in each period
- Set a price
- Set billing date
- Check Pro-rate if you intend to pro-rate the join period to sync with standard billing dates.
- Add a description for your level. This is a good place to educate members about how this level differs from other options. Click "add/edit" to include a description
- Click Edit to customize or cancel your "14 day" reminder about upcoming billing. Use check boxes to cancel notification emails. Hover mouse over the dotted squares for subject line and email text to access the Edit option. Click "Save & close"
- Customize or cancel your 7 day reminder
- Customize or cancel your day-of notification
- Customize your '3 days late' options
Customize your '7 days late' options (same steps as '3 days late')
Customize or cancel your confirmation notifications when member renews
Click "Save & Close or "Add a membership level" to create another option
When you've added all member levels, click "Save & close"
- Use check boxes to automatically change members' status (member type, member level, "Lapsed"
- Edit/cancel notification emails
- Click "Save & Close"
*Note that a "Free" level can only be set for an unlimited time-frame
Additional Notes: Once you create your levels, assign it to individual or all members under "Assign membership levels".
Assign additional members to a level under the "Membership levels report."