Broadcasts are an easy and convenient way to share announcements via text message and/or email. You can select to send your message to your recipients as an SMS/text, as an email, or to both simultaneously.
Follow these steps to send a broadcast.
- Click "Broadcast" on the main navigation menu
- Click +New Broadcast
- Enter a title (this will appear as a subject line for email recipients, it will not be seen in the text message format)
- Type your message
- Use the dropdown menu to send or schedule delivery
- Both text and email are automatically selected; de-select either if you prefer
Click "preview the email" to see how the broadcast will look in the email format. Broadcasts will appear as plain text in SMS.
Click Choose Recipients
Use the four options at the top to select:
- Broadcasts will always show up in members' news feeds on the mobile app, even if you disable text or email announcements.
Review your message details
Click Confirm & Send
- All Members
- Specific members
- Pre-existing distribution lists
- New members
- You may notice that the number of text recipients is not the same as email recipients. This could mean that you are missing mobile numbers or valid email addresses for some members.
- Members for whom you have BOTH mobile and email information will receive the broadcast in both places.
You will be taken to the message summery page, which you can access at any time. Use the links on the right to:
- View tracking
- Manage recipients (option will disappear once sent)
- Copy broadcast
- Delete broadcast