If your group is using PayPal as your payment processor, you'll need to set up Reference Transactions on your PayPal account before your members can start scheduling recurring payments.
Securing Approval for Reference Transactions from PayPal
Setting up Reference Transactions requires manual approval from PayPal. To get your account approved for Reference Transactions:
- Log in to your account on www.PayPal.com
- Navigate to the Contact Us / Customer Support section of the PayPal site
- Click on the Call Us link to get the contact information for your region and your account.
- Inform your PayPal customer support representative that you would like to be approved for Reference Transactions on your account so that you can begin collecting recurring payments.
- Follow the instructions from your PayPal customer support representative and wait for them to contact you to inform you that your account is approved for Reference Transactions.
Enabling Recurring Payments on MemberPlanet
Once your PayPal account is approved for Reference Transactions, return to MemberPlanet to enable recurring payments:
- Log in to MemberPlanet and select your desired group
- Click "Processors" in the navigation menu
- In the gear menu on the PayPal row, click the Account Details option
- Click the "Verify & enable recurring payments" link