How Do I Invoice My Joined Members?
- Hover over Invoices on the left navigation bar, and click Add a QuickPay Charge
- Name your charge (Example: "Membership Dues 2015")
- Choose a Charge Type:
- Fixed: one exact amount (Example: $10)
- Open: payer can choose how much they want to pay (Example: donations)
- Multi-choice: payer can choose one of multiple options (Example: kids membership, parent membership, family membership)
- Select a Billing Date and a Close Date
- Select members for your charge: check members from your list, choose a distribution list, add new members, or apply charges to all members
- Click Next
- Send an email announcement
You can skip this step by un-checking the box at the top.
- Your email will include a direct button for each member to pay their charge
- Customize the subject line and body text by hovering the mouse and clicking Edit
- Click Save and Finish below
Manage your invoices
When creating a QuickPay request, you have many options to customize your request for you members. Here are the options you have, including QuickPay advanced options:
- Click Invoices on the left navigation bar
- Select Manage Quickpay Charges
- Click directly on the charge name under Description
- Here you'll be able to manage all aspects of your QuickPay, including additional features were not displayed in the building process:
- Schedule an email about this charge
- Select a bank account for funds to be deposited to
- Customize your payment alerts (get notified when a member pays)
- Add a thank-you message (members will automatically receive this email upon submission of payment)
- Edit more charge settings
- Enable members to make partial payments
- Show/hide the decline button - payer may decline the charge
- Auto-assign the charge - charge is NOT automatically assigned to new members unless enabled
- Manage recurring payment options
- Create a Pay Now button for email campaigns
The right side column also includes some notable additional options, including:
- View reports - view your payments received for this particular QuickPay charge
- View email history - view when you last sent an email charge request
- Add more recipients - assign additional members manually to receive this charge
- Send a reminder email - this option lets you send to all members who have not yet paid (including those who have already been notified), or to just members who have not yet been notified of their charge
- Record an offline payment (cash/check)
- Close charge - members will no longer be able to view or pay for this charge once closed
How to Send an Invoice Email Reminder
Invoice or QuickPay reminder emails are a fast way to keep members aware of an amount due.
- Hover over INVOICES on the left-hand navigation bar
- Select MANAGE QUICKPAY CHARGES
- Click on the invoice you're sending a reminder for
- Click on SEND A REMINDER
- Make sure reminder is correct, and add any additional subject line text you wish
- Click SEND NOW
NOTE: the email will only go to members that have an open charge. Admins only need to send a reminder on the main charge they have (Example: Membership or Local dues). If they have an optional donation amount they do not need to send a reminder email since this will be included on their dues page.
Enterprise Clients: How to Add a Pay Now Button to a QuickPay Email
While any organization can add a Pay Now button to an email campaign, Partnership and Enterprise clients who have QuickPay or invoice email templates from the national or headquarters level will find this functionality easier to use.
Not sure if you want to add a QuickPay or invoice Pay Now button to your email campaign? Here are a few identifiers that will confirm whether you should proceed:
- You already have a customized email campaign prepared to send to your members for dues collection
- Your organization has pre-approved email templates from your national or headquarters level
- You do not want to utilize the basic email template provided with QuickPay or invoice functionality
To add a QuickPay Pay Now button to an email campaign, you must first create a QuickPay charge, then follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your QuickPay charge by clicking Invoices in the left nav bar
Your QuickPay charges will be listed. (You may have to change your “From” filter date and click the Refresh button to locate your charge.)
- Click the description of the charge you wish to create a Pay Now button for
- At the bottom of the features list, click Create a Pay Now Button for Your Email Campaigns
- Select the Pay Now button you wish to use, then click Save & Close
- You also have the option to upload your own image. Recommended size is 580 px.
- Navigate to your email campaign by clicking Emails in the left nav bar (Learn more: How to Create an Email Campaign)
- If you have a template from your national level or headquarters you want to use, create a new email campaign, fill in basic info, and select the template in Step 3 of the email builder. (Headquarters templates are listed under “My Custom Templates” in Step 3.)
- Go to Step 4, Content, in the email builder and place your cursor in the body of the email where you’d like to place the Pay Now button
- You can also center the cursor using the editing toolbar that appears.
- Click Buttons in the toolbar to insert your Pay Now button
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the dropdown menu, then click QuickPay Button
The QuickPay charges you have created buttons for will be listed.
- Click Go next to the QuickPay button for the main charge you wish to use
Important note: If you have an optional donation, this item would also appear. You can only insert 1 button per email.
The Pay Now button will appear in the body of the email where you placed your cursor.
Before you send your email, test it by doing a real email send to yourself. You can do this by going to Step 2 in the email builder and selecting yourself as a recipient. The Pay Now button will not work by using the Send Me a Test Copy functionality in Step 4. By sending yourself a real email, you can review content as a member would see it, and when you’re ready to send the email to members, you can create a copy of the email you sent to yourself.
Important note: Any dues email should not be forwarded. Each member has a specific dues link. If the dues email is forwarded, whether by an admin or another member, you could potentially have members paying another member’s dues. You can always re-send the dues email to a specific member or contact memberplanet support for assistance.
How to Record an Offline Quickpay Payment
You can accept cash and checks for payment and still record that information online to maintain your online accounting.
- Hover over Invoices on the left-hand navigation bar
- Select Record an Offline Quickpay Payment
- Check the box beside the member you're recording the payment for
- Click Save & Continue
- Enter the payment details:
- Locate dues level member paid on.
- Enter total payment at top & received shown
- Date of payment
- Payment Method (Cash, Check, Other)
- Add Memo/Note (Optional)
- Click Save & Record Payment to finish
Glossary - Invoice Your Joined Members
QuickPay: invoicing to collect and manage payments from members.